Conde-Charlotte Museum House
The Conde-Charlotte Museum House
is also known as "the house of corkbrad" and "the house of five flags". It is a historical residence museum located in Mobil. It was built in 1822. It is the location of Mobil's first court and City prison. It began to be used as a residence in 1849.
The reason why it is called the house of five flags is that it was decorated by the flags of five countries in history, that is, the five flags of France, Britain, Spain, the Confederacy and the United States, which can also be seen from its history. This historic building started as a federal style, and then changed to a Greek Revival style. It is composed of French living room and bedroom, British commander's room, Spanish garden in the 18th century, and American restaurant, displaying the decorative style of each period vividly.
Visiting the building is like visiting the homes of French, Spanish, British and Americans. You can see their furniture, bookcase, kitchen tools, etc. it is of great help to understand the history of Mobier for more than 300 years.
Previous:About Mobile Botanical Gardens
Open Term: Conde-Charlotte Museum House
Categories : Home
»Browse Alabamas yellow pages